Thursday, November 15, 2012

J's first concert

With inspiration kicking in, I shall repay my instalments in blogging.

J had his first concert on 3 Nov at his childcare graduation ceremony. When the school asked for permission to let him perform, I had no second thoughts on allowing it. As he's the first & only child, he's rather shy and can be quite sticky. So, I wanted to give him the exposure in public performing to boost his confidence a little.

When the school asked for $45 for 2 sets of costumes and each parent had to pay $22 for a ticket, I was a little stingy about it and thought: why so expensive. When his teacher tried to persuade me to get a ticket to see him perform, I was a little skeptical. J has always been shy even with us around that he may not want to perform. But his teacher reassured me that she will "psycho" him to perform well.

Throughout the months, we tried asking J to perform for us at home and all he does was only one action. So, I thought he won't be doing well for the actual day.

On the concert day, I chose a seat further away from the stage, afraid that J will see me & refused to perform. We were caught with surprise when he appeared on stage. He showed no fear of everyone staring at him. He was dancing to the music with all the dance moves and in sync with the music. He was even able to remember every step for every formation. He did a great job! Tears were welling in my eyes. My boy has grown up. He's truly my little man now.

We are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment